Protection orders are a legal instrument to help safeguard the physical and emotional well-being of victims of domestic violence and other types of abuse. However, many times, protection orders are abused by the other party to gain an advantage during a divorce, custody or paternity proceeding.
We Help Mothers And Fathers Through Experienced Counsel
We believe in providing confident, clear, committed representation to our clients. Whether you have had a protection order brought against you, or you or your child has been the victim of domestic violence and you need to establish a protection order, we can offer straightforward counsel while doing what it takes on your behalf.
For those considering filing for a protection order, some of the potential benefits include:
- Stopping the abuser from restraining, threatening, assaulting or contacting you or your children
- Removing the abuser from your residence
- You may be granted temporary custody of your children
- Your abuser may be ordered to stay away from designated locations, like your workplace
- If an order for protection has been taken out against you, there are some important things you should consider:
- You may be arrested for violating the terms of the order
- In some cases, if convicted of violating the order, you may face fines and substantial jail time
- Protection orders in Nebraska are valid throughout the country
- Certain restrictions may be placed on you, including the ability to purchase or possess a firearm
Representation And Resources For You And Your Family
Regardless of which side you fall on regarding the enforcement of a protection order, our lawyers will stand by your side. We know that allegations of domestic violence are serious, and require the help of an experienced attorney. We can provide that help and help you find the support and other resources you need to continue moving forward with your life.
Reach out to our Omaha law office for a confidential consultation to discuss your domestic protection order case. Contact us online, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-932-9550 to schedule a time to come in and talk to one of our attorneys about confident, clear, committed legal representation for your case.